INSULATION & ACOUSTICS
for walls, floors
THERMAL & ACOUSTIC
Marmox gives you more!
T +44 (0)1634 835290
E email@example.com W www.marmox.co.uk
JUNE 2018 | BUILDING PRODUCTS 41
Waterproofing • Insulating • Drylining
Impact sound & thermal floor insulation
Marmox Building Boards
+ Wall, floor & ceiling solutions
+ Highly insulating
+ Fully waterproof
+ Quick & easy installation
+ Lightweight, easy to cut
+ Marmox Lifetime Guarantee
Request your copy of the Guide to Marmox Systems quoting ref: MX18
Five Noise Barrier Essentials
In general terms, a noise barrier needs to be:
1. Sufficiently high to break the direct line of sight between the noise source
and the receiver – If you can see it, you can usually hear it.
2. Constructed without air gaps, so noise penetration through the structure
3. With a suitable mass to reflect noise.
4. Sealed to the ground, so noise is unable to creep under the barrier.
5. Located as closely as possible to the noise source.