Japanese Knotweed Specialists, consultants in the control, treatment and removal of Japanese Knotweed, has launched the industry’s first 35-year guarantee that gives long-term peace of mind to the building, construction and property industry.
Said to be one of the most invasive and destructive weeds in the UK, Japanese knotweed has been in the news lately as results from a three-year study have shown it is practically impossible to eradicate, which makes the use of proper management programmes all the more important.
Managing director, Adam Brindle, said: “We’ve been saying for many years that you have to put in place a long-term solution that manages and controls the knotweed problem. Even if you excavate out and remove the Knotweed off-site you still need to monitor the site for at least two years. We’ve always offered a bespoke aftercare plan for large sites and developments, but now our new 35-year guarantee provides an even greater level of security – for the building and construction trade, homeowners and for lenders.”
Japanese Knotweed Specialists offer construction companies, site managers, builders and property developers a range of essential services including:
- Free online identification service: upload pictures of suspected knotweed for verification
- CPD presentations and seminars to provide education on the identification and treatment of invasive weeds.
- Invasive weed surveys to assess the size and scale of the infestation
- Chemical treatment using chemicals approved by the Environment Agency for sites that are not going to be built on
- Excavation and off-site removal to a licensed landfill for sites where time is a constraint or there is no area to manage the waste
- Root barriers to protect your site from any lateral growth from neighbouring sites
- Sifting and screening: Removing the rhizomes (the plant root system) from the soil, resulting in less contaminated soil having to be removed from site.