Milbank Concrete Products are manufacturers of precast concrete products. Throughout the design, manufacturing, delivery and installation stages, Milbank says it offers one of the most comprehensive and professional service packages, providing a range of precast concrete products including: balconies, beam and block flooring, bespoke concrete products, ground beams, hollowcore flooring, helical stairs and stadia products.
Following on from market research and the identification of the need for an affordable, cost-effective and efficient thermal floor arrangement, Milbank Concrete Products has recently launched its new insulated concrete flooring solution, WarmFloor Pro.
WarmFloor Pro is said to offer construction professionals a cost-effective alternative to quickly constructing a thermally-insulated concrete ground floor. Reduced initial construction costs and an increase in energy savings are said to make WarmFloor Pro a compelling alternative to a standard beam and block floor. In combination with its BBA certification and A+ Green Guide rating, WarmFloor Pro is reportedly proving to be a must-have addition to any new, eco-friendly development where keeping heating costs low is paramount.
WarmFloor Pro is said to be suitable for almost any structure, but is most commonly used in housing, from single dwellings to complete housing developments. It is said to offer a simple, cost-effective, concrete insulated flooring solution to self-builders and construction professionals alike. Without the need for any specialist tools or skills, installation of WarmFloor Pro is said to be efficient and streamlined whilst minimising waste and emission rates.
WarmFloor Pro works by combining rigid insulation modules (EPS blocks) manufactured from lightweight closed-cell expanded polystyrene which is laid in-between pre-stressed concrete beams (either 155mm or 225mm deep) with an EPS top sheet, membrane and concrete screed. If required, underfloor heating can be incorporated with the pipework attaching to the EPS panels before the concrete screed is applied.
As every building is different, Milbank are well equipped to design your floor to achieve the specific targeted U-Values (reaching as low as 0.07W/m²K) together with the structural layout of the floor to suit. Milbank then manufacture the concrete components and supply the materials directly to you. WarmFloor Pro is currently available on a supply-only or supply and installation basis using their vastly experienced installation teams.
WarmFloor Pro benefits:
- Easy to install – does not require any specialist tools or skills.
- Quick to install – each EPS panel is the equivalent length of 5 standard concrete blocks.
- Cost-effective – WarmFloor Pro is designed to save you money. Faster installation speeds combined with reduced waste and excavation removal allow for an increase in overall savings.
- Bespoke – a wide range of EPS panel depths and grades are available to provide the most economical solution for your development whilst maintaining the highest levels of thermal values.
- Sustainable – WarmFloor Pro will last the lifetime of the building whilst continuing to maintain its exceptional thermal performance values.
- Clean, safe and easy to handle – lightweight EPS panels only weigh around 2kg.
- Underfloor heating compatible – heating pipework is simply held in place using plastic pegs that push into the EPS panels.
- Proven technology – now in use for over ten years.
- Industry compliant – Milbank WarmFloor Pro is BBA certified and has an A+ green guide rating.